This kit applies cysteine–maleimide chemistry to attach DNA handles to your protein of interest for subsequent optical-tweezers measurements of protein folding and conformational changes. We recommend this labeling procedure over ybbR labeling, but it requires the absence of native cysteine residues on the protein of interest, especially in the functional domain of the protein.
For labeling, short maleimide-modified oligonucleotides react with specifically incorporated cysteines in the protein. These oligonucleotides then anneal with the complementary 5’-overhangs of two DNA handles.
The kit also includes purified and functionalized adenosine kinase (AdK) that can be used as a positive control and quality assurance for each step of the labeling procedure.
Our Protein tethering kit relieves you from costs and time that are typically required for personnel training, troubleshooting, experiment optimization, and custom application development. After finishing this kit, new materials can easily be ordered as a recurring package.
- Maleimide-modified oligos
- Biotin- and digoxigenin-modified DNA handles (520 bp per handle)
- Reducing agent TCEP
- 6xHis tagged AdK protein
- Buffer 40 mM Tris HCl, 50 mM NaCl
- Streptavidin coated polystyrene beads (1.76 µm)
- Anti-digoxigenin coated polystyrene beads (0.75 µm)
- Estimated for 2 weeks of measurements (handles and beads, more can be ordered as Protein handles kit (recurring))
- Estimated for 8 weeks of measurements (labeled protein and control)
- Estimated 1-3 weeks delivery time