The DNA structural mechanics kit is the standard kit for your first optical tweezers experiments. This kit is perfect for calibrating your optical-tweezers equipment and training new users. You can use fluorescent intercalators (for example, SYTOX Orange, YOYO-1, or Sytox Red) to visualize force-dependent structural changes on a DNA molecule. Their specificity to double-stranded DNA enables you to distinguish these regions from single-stranded DNA regions that are formed upon DNA denaturation induced by stretching the molecule.
A schematic illustration depicting a double-stranded DNA tethered between two optically trapped beads. Force-mediated stretching of the DNA molecule contributes to the formation of single-stranded DNA. Read more about the application here.
- Biotinylated double-stranded λ-DNA
- Fluorescent intercalator, choose between SYTOX Orange (preferred option, green laser required), YOYO-1 (blue laser required), and SYTOX Red (choose when only red laser present)
- Streptavidin-coated polystyrene beads (4.5 µm)
- Estimated for 2 weeks of measurements
- Estimated 1–3 weeks delivery time