The standard kit for your first optical tweezers experiments. This kit is perfect for calibrating your optical tweezers equipment and training new users. Streptavidin beads and nick-free double-stranded biotinylated λ-DNA will ensure high efficiency of the DNA tethering. You can use SYTOX Orange to simultaneously micro-manipulate the DNA and visualize force-dependent binding of fluorescent SYTOX Orange. The exclusive binding of SYTOX Orange to double-stranded DNA enables you to distinguish double-stranded DNA regions from single-stranded DNA regions formed upon the stretching-dependent DNA denaturation.
A schematic illustration depicting a double-stranded DNA tethered between two optically trapped beads. Force-mediated stretching of the DNA molecule contributes to the formation of single-stranded DNA. Read more here: https://lumicks.com/application/dna-rna-mechanics-optical-tweezers-fluorescence-microscopy/
- Biotinylated double-stranded λ-DNA
- Fluorescent intercalator, choose between SYTOX Orange (preferred option, green laser required), YOYO-1 (blue laser required), and SYTOX Red (choose when only red laser present)
- Streptavidin coated polystyrene beads (4.5 µm)
- Estimated for 2 weeks of measurements
- Estimated 1-3 weeks delivery time